Claire's Quest - Version 0.13.1 Public Release!
: Claire's Quest
Genre: RPG, All Sex, Straight, Stats, Rape, Slavery, Prostitution, Ahegao, Monster, Bestiality
: 0.13.1 Public Release - The latest game version is 0.13.2!
: Dystopian Project
: March 2018
What separates an adult game from simple porn is the player input. Yet, if you've ever played any kind of adult game, you might sometimes feel like no matter what your input, the game progressed exactly the same anyway. We mean to change that. Claire's Quest a highly-interactive, non-linear adult RPG, set in a dark fantasy setting inspired by the early Renaissance and made using RPGMaker MV. Unlike the majority of RPGMaker games out there, however, this game is totally devoid of any form of combat or grinding. We wanted to toy with a stereotypical fantasy RPG setting - but instead of the player controlling a hero, or an adventurer, or anyone with any kind of outright power to change the world... we instead put the player in the shoes of the titular Claire - a naive, desperate refugee fleeing a terrible war that has taken everything she has ever known from her. Claire is thrust into a world without innocence, where the very worst of humanity and all its societal evils are on full display. She seems doomed to meet with a dark fate - but you can fight to prove otherwise...
... or, you can force her to succumb to her base desires.
In Claire's Quest, we really wanted to convey to the player that their choices really do matter. Every decision you make will have consequences - and not just small consequences, either. Your every decision could drastically alters the way your adventure plays out. That beggar you helped way back then on a whim... becomes the difference between success or failure, freedom or enslavement, and even life... or death. Every single playthrough could turn out completely differently. So how will Claire fare in this dystopian world she finds herself in? With your choices, you'll decide.
- Baker's Boy has been rewritten to include a scene, which comes with accompanying CG set.
- CG set has been added to the Meat Pit's pillory / Meat Pit 2.
- The option to romance Sally has been added, including a scene that comes with the accompanying CG set. Several requirements must be fulfilled to successfully romance her, so saving is recommended. A successful romance will result in being able to use Sally's place as a free rest stop..
- CG set has been added to the final stable scene for Rathpike.
- A new Thieves mission has been added, which takes you to Valos for a change for scenery. This mission involves a rescue, and has no scenes at the moment.
- A new Ranger mission has been added. Comes with one scene with multiple variants - took us awhile. No CG in 0.13, but included in 0.14 for patrons.
- Ranger essential NPCs have been reworked. You now have the stoic tracker, Dorian and the talkative inventor, Roxanne, as your best buddies, yay! Roxanne in particular is now the one who makes the animal outfits for... reasons.
- Sprites reworked for Manticore and Boar.
- Added small random roaming animal NPCs like crabs for added atmosphere.
- Herb-gathering has been reworked. Specifically, you now need a special Herb Pouch to gather herbs and sell them. You can only grab one herb at a time to prevent money abuse. Gypsy in Rathpike will buy Tigerlilies after her associated quest is complete, and new Mudstained Ranger will buy Bramble Roses for you after the ranger initiation is complete. Both are sold for 50 silvers each time you gather them. The Herb Pouches are given by both NPCs during their related questlines; you cannot take two Herb Pouches, if you already have one, they won't give you another.
- New option added to the Cheat menu - full restoration.
- Known major bug - the new MV overhaul has screwed over the plugins we use. While I've made them workable still, many will not be working or looking as originally intended, like the items system. We will have to wait for MV to resolve this over time.
- Mercenaries no longer ambush Claire for infinity and beyond. Some dialogue addressed
- Stable bug that factored in Defiance instead of Depravity removed.
- Seduction instead of Intrigue factored in for eavesdropping on Thieves in Rathpike West removed.
- Repetition line in Pigboss encounter removed.
- "Ogre" was being used interchangeably with "Pigboss"; all instances of "Ogre" should now be removed.
- Missing switch let you abuse checkpoint guards for infinite Defiance gain. Removed.
- Dogs of War and History of the Known World titles and contents were swapped; switcheroo corrected. Damn librarians swapping book covers.
- Old BGM recurring after the mine escape has been addressed.
- Pathing issues in Rockbeast Lair and several other places, like the Temple of Fertility's stairs (which allowed you to walk past the event trigger), hopefully corrected. I struggle with pathing on tilesets...
- Typo in Bloody Note corrected (ineligible -> illegible)
- Infinite Depravity gain from Peeping Tom removed.
- Wording used for "Apples" and "Fruits" was interchangeable and somewhat confusing especially for Vanessa Vane and Grateful Youth quests; addressed for everything to be "Fruits".
- Grateful Youth states he is around Hookton, causing some people to miss the scene; corrected to state he will wait outside the Checkpoint
- Major design flaw corrected - you can bypass the entire Mercenary Questline if you buy escort services into Narfu rather than go through the Sally pre-quest. Escort disabled until Sally is encountered.
- Renamed Leather Chestpiece to Leather Guard.
- Invisible bucket occupies space in Hookton Village after Bakerwoman is talked to by the well
- Intrigue requirement not checking in warehouse with sandbags fixed
- Infinite Fat Jack house indication during Thieves questline fixed
- Knife is not deducted after stabbing Mean Refugee
- Missing fadein if Clingy Plutocrat is left by himself in the bar
- Esther adds +1 wildflower rather than deducting
- Several missing tiles (cutoff tops) addressed
- Sisters do not disappear from pondside Valos after Lily leaves
- Patrolling pirate missing his options in Narfu backroom during Thieves questline
- Lockpick not consumed in some instances of lockpicking addressed, such as stablehouse and Thieves questlines
- Claire can be referred to as a virgin in dialogue in some instances where it is possible not to be, such as in pirate attack post-Prologue; addressed.